Ways to use the seed mix
- Sprinkle it on your salad
- Sprinkle it on your pizza crusts, calzones or any other savoury baked goods
- Sprinkle on savoury puff pastry
- Sprinkle on bagels or any type of bread
- Give it as a gift on special occasions! Easy, thoughtful and delicious!
Toasted Seed Mixture
This is a delicious secret seed recipe you can use to sprinkle on top of your labne, cheese or to make crispy little crostini toasts. It's delicious for everyday use, and can be used to wow your guests at your dinner party!
- Saute pan
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tbsp sea salt
Toast the Seeds
- Combine the white & black sesame seeds, caraway seeds & poppy seeds in a skillet, and toast over low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- The white sesame should be a nice golden color, and the caraway seeds have to be fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
Mix it Up
- Add the onion flakes and salt to the mixture, while it's still hot. Mix well.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
This mixture stays good for around a month in an air-tight jar, in your cabinet.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @tasteofsham on Instagram.