MIX THE TOMATOES
ROAST THE TOMATOES
This is a very hands off type of recipe, where you can just pop them into the oven even if it’s not preheated, and leave them to roast slowly under the low temperature for around 2-3 hours.
Make sure to check back on them just to make sure you don’t over do it.
STORE THE TOMATOES
EAT THE TOMATOES
You can eat these little guys in so many ways. Check out the recipe for Labne, Tomato & Za’atar Crostini, which make a great appetizer for when you have guests.
Za'atar Roasted Tomatoes
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 300 g cherry tomatos - cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp za'atar
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 275˚F / 135˚C.
- Combine the cut up cherry tomatoes with the olive oil, salt & black pepper.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up on the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the za'atar on top evenly.
- Roast for 2 to 3 hours on this low heat. It depends on the size of your tomatoes.
- They are done when they are soft and shriveled.