EASY FANCY SEED MIX
I always have a batch of this seed mix in my spice cabinet. It’s great for those last minute guests who love to pop by, which in that case you can whip up some Crostini Toasts with simple toppings.
Other than that, since we’ve started a keto diet, it’s a flavour booster and saviour for all sorts of baked keto goods.
Ways to use the seed mix
- Sprinkle it on your salad
- Sprinkle it on your pizza crusts, calzones or any other savory baked goods
- Sprinkle on savory puff pastry
- Sprinkle on bagels or any type of bread
- Give it as a gift on special occasions! Easy, thoughtful and delicious!
Toasted Seed Mixture
- Saute pan
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tbsp sea salt
Toast the Seeds
- Combine the white & black sesame seeds, caraway seeds & poppy seeds in a skillet, and toast over low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- The white sesame should be a nice golden color, and the caraway seeds have to be fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
Mix it Up
- Add the onion flakes and salt to the mixture, while it's still hot. Mix well.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.